Imagine this scenario: you walk into your basement and hear some dripping sounds. You begin to investigate the noises you hear and follow them to your water heater. You notice a giant puddle underneath your appliance! What should you do?
Here at All Aloha Plumbing, we’re always happy to assist you with your plumbing issues! Our staff members prioritize your comfort and safety, which means you can rest assured that any job you hire us to do will be done right the first time!
Between our top-notch water leak detection equipment and our excellent plumbing repairs, your broken heater and leaky pipes can be fixed in no time! Read on for more info on ways you can protect your home from damage caused by leaks, or chat with one of our friendly team members at any time!
Ways To Prevent Leaks
Interested in learning some leak prevention strategies? Here are some of the best ways you can leakproof your home and keep water damage at bay:
- Check your water pressure often and reduce it if it’s too high.
- Purchase a water softener to lessen the corrosion and calcium buildup in your pipes.
- Don’t try to wash certain objects down your drains, such as food, coffee grounds, hair, grease and more.
- Inspect the seals on your pipes and replace them if they are worn out.
- Don’t use toxic drain cleaners, such as bleach, lye or peroxide.
- Schedule regular plumbing maintenance appointments.
Leak Detection Tips And Tricks
You may be wondering how to catch a leak before it wreaks havoc in your home. Some signs that you should watch out for, besides dripping noises, are:
- Unusually high water bills
- Musty odors
- Mold or mildew spots
- Cracks or corrosion around your pipes
- Discoloration along your floors or ceilings
- Low water pressure
- Sagging or warped floorboards
These tips and tricks can save you time and money in the long run by allowing you to prevent severe water damage in your house. If you have questions about any of these strategies, our professionals are here to help!
Ways You Can Reduce Leak Damage To Your Home
When life gets busy and leaks happen, you can follow several simple steps to lessen the strain on the water-damaged area.
- Clean up the leak as much as possible by drying out the damaged space. Bring in dehumidifiers and fans to increase the air circulation in the room.
- Elevate or remove furniture and other objects that are on the floor.
- Once the area is dried out, sweep up any dirt or dust that has collected on the floor. Dirt and water mixed together allow mold to grow. You can also use surface-appropriate detergents to scrub the affected space and reduce the risk of mildew.
Let All Aloha Plumbing Be Your Maui Leak Detection Specialists!
Are you ready to enjoy some peace of mind when it comes to water leaks in your home? You can trust All Aloha Plumbing with all your plumbing repair needs. From leaky pipes to corrosion and clogs, we’ve seen and handled it all! Feel free to contact us through our website by scheduling an appointment, or give us a call today!